Academic Qualifications: PhD in Management Science, MBA( Finance), BCom Accounting and Auditing, Post Graduate Dip In Education, Dip In Computer Programming and Systems Analysis, Certificate in Computer Programming( Basic, COBOL and Unix )
Work Experience: A highly self-motivated Professor and Researcher in Management and Education. With over nineteen years of teaching and research experience at University level. A member of Consortium of Senior Scholars of University of Lusaka (UNILUS) and an External Peer Reviewer with the Commission for University Education, Kenya.
Honors and Awards: Listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2014
Professional Affiliation: An Associate Member of the Kenya Institute of Management.
- J.O.Ongong’a, Informal Sector Entrepreneurship Development in Kisumu, Nairobi and Mombasa Cities, Maseno Journal of Arts and Science (ISSN: 1019-360X) Vol. 5 No. 1, Jan.2005.
- J.O. Ongong’a, M.O. Okwara, and T.M. Okello, Sports and Secondary School Education in Kenya, Educational Research and Review (ISSN:2141-5161 Vol.I(II) pp 609-617, Dec. 2010
- J.O. Ongong’a, H. Kerina, Kenyan Informal Sector Income Remitting Behaviour , Lambert Academic Publishing , Germany, May 2011
- J.O. Ongong’a, and Y. Apopo, Motivating Learning at The Secondary School Level in Kenya: The Role of Reference Textbooks in the Classroom , Lambert Academic Publishing , Germany, May 2011
- J.O. Ongong’a, M.O. Okwara, and K.N. Nyangara, The Use of Integrated Approach in The Teaching of English in Kenya, Educational Research and Review (ISSN: 2141-5161 Vol. I(II) Jan.,2011 pp 618-623
- J.O. Ongong’a , M.O. Okwara and K.N. Nyangara, Impact of Educational Policy changes on Home Science Education in Secondary Schools in Kenya: 1981-2005, Special Edition of the International Journal of Disaster Management and Risk Reduction(IJDMRR) (ISSN:1992-2744)) Vol. 3 No. 3,April 2011. pp. 156-165
- J.O. Ongong’a, and E.O. Abeka, Networking in the Kenyan Informal Sector: An attempt to Manage the market failures, African Journal of Business Management, Vol. 5 (28) PP. 11323-11334, 16th Nov. 2011.
- J.O. Ongong’a & N. Mureithi , Perception of Teachers and Students on The Use of Computers in Teaching/ Learning of Computer Studies Curriculum, International Journal of Professional Practice , Vol.3 May- August Issue, 2012
- J.O. Ongong’a , Social Entrepreneurship Development: The Case of Kenya, Edited, Savera Book Publisher, Lucknow, India, June 2012.
- J.O. Ongong’a & Albert Ochieng, Innovation in the Tea Industry: The case of Kericho Tea, Kenya, Global Journal of Management and Business Research( GJMBR) Vol. 13, Issue 1 Version 1.0, 2013
- J.O. Ongong’a et al, The Role of Consumer Education on the Uptake and Usage of Branchless Banking in Peri- Urban Areas in Kenya: A case study of Bondo Township, Siaya County, International Journal of Advanced Research(December 2013),Vo.1, Issue 10, 937-943.
- J.O. Ongong’a et al , The Role of Financial Support on the Growth of Micro and Small Enterprises: A Case Study of Artisan Enterprises in Oyugis Township, Homa Bay County, International Journal of Advanced Research( January 2014),Vo.2, Issue 1-10.
- J. O. Ongong’a et al , Effect of Micro-Finance Institutions on Women’s Enterprise Development in Kisumu City, Kenya, International Journal of Advanced Research(2014) Volume 2, Issue 3, 149-164.
- J.O. Ongong’a et al, Entrepreneurship Development among Women in Kenya, 2014 International Conference on Social Education and Management Engineering SEME 2014DEStech Publications, Inc.,439 North Duke Street, USA .
- J.O. Ongong’a et al, Innovation in the Banking Industry: Achieving Customer Satisfaction, Open Journal of Business and Management, 2,261-274, http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojbm.2014.24031
- O. Ongong’a et al., Management in Action: Managing the HIV/AIDS Curriculum in Kenya, Open Journal of Business and Management, 2, 204-209. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojbm.2014.23025
- O. Ongong’a J. Auchi and B. Ramaswami , Micro and Small-Scale Agri-businesses in Africa( editors) African Network for Agriculture and Agroforestry & Natural Resources Education (ANAFE ) Agri-business Book Séries ( in press), 2014.
- O. Ongong’a, N. O.A Thompson and Akinrinola O.O., Financial Management for Agri- business (editors) African Network for Agriculture and Agro forestry & Natural Resources Education (ANAFE) Agri-business Book Series,2017.
Research Interest: Entrepreneurship Education
Ongoing Research projects: Entrepreneurship development in Migori county: Prospects and the future and Doctoral supervision in African Universities