Dr. Jonathan Mulwa
Dr. Mulwa holds a First class honours Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) degree in Finance & Banking, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance both from Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology and Ph.D. in Business Management (Finance) from Moi University.
He has taught Finance and Management Science courses as an Assistant Lecturer in Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, a Lecturer in Murang’a University of Technology and Currently a Senior Lecturer in Rongo University in addition to part time appointments in Kibabii University and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. Additionally, Dr. Mulwa has served as a Subject head in charge of Finance in Masinde Muliro University, Head of the Department of Commerce in Murang’a University College and Currently the Head of Department of Business Studies in Rongo University. Currently, he serves as external examiner for Gretsa University School of Business, Garissa University School of Business & Economics, Bomet University College Business School and a thesis Examiner for Masinde Muliro University Department of Finance & Accounting. Before joining academia, he had briefly worked in the banking industry with the National Bank of Kenya and the Kenya Commercial Bank.
Dr. Mulwa is currently a full member of the Kenya Institute of Management, Kenya, and a member of LinkedIn, Research gate and Academia Research networks. Additionally, I am an Editorial Board member in the Eastern Africa Journal of Contemporary Research, a Publication of Gretsa University. His research interests are in the areas of Intermediation, banking and corporate governance, in which areas he has written and published in various peer refereed journals.
Owiyo, V., Mulwa J.M., & Kemboi A., (2019). Strategic Determinants of Destination Competitiveness: A Case of Western Tourist Circuit, Kenya. Eastern Africa Journal of Contemporary Research, 1(1), 11-21, [ISSN: 2521-5981]
- Odhiambo G., Mulwa J., and Kemboi A., (2018). “Determinants of M-Pesa Paybill Adoption among Safaricom M-Pesa Customers in Migori Town, Kenya”, International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology, Vol. IV, Issue XI, Pp. 13-19, [ISSN: 2412-0294 (Online)]
- Oyoo M.O., Mulwa J.M., Thuo J.K., and Nyaboga Y., (2018). “Implications of Responsive Cultures of Knowledge Sharing on Non-Financial Performance: An Empirical Study of Family owned Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Migori, Kenya”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol. 6, Issue 10, Pp. 233-238, [ISSN: 2321-8916]
- Oyoo M.O., Mulwa J.M., and Thuo J.K., (2018). “Value of Knowledge Management as a Strategic Resource: Evaluating the Non-Financial Performance of Family Owned MSMEs in Migori County, Kenya”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol. 6, Issue 10, Pp. 175-179, [ISSN: 2321-8916]
- Owiyo V. and Mulwa J.M., (2018). “Safety and Security in Tourism Destinations: Its moderating role in the Destination Competitiveness Determinants and Destination Competitiveness nexus in Western Kenya Circuit”, International Journal of Research in Management & Business Studies, Vol. 5, Issue 3, Pp. 30-33 [ISSN: 2348-6503 (Online), 2348-893x (Print version)]
- Mulwa J. Mwau., (2018). “Sectoral Credit Diversification, Bank Performance and Monitoring Effectiveness; A Cross-Country Analysis of East African Banking Industries”, Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, Vol. 7, Issue 2, Pp. 17-36, [ISSN: 2241-0998 (Print Version), 2241-0996 (Online)]
- Musyoka P., and Mulwa J., (2018). “Effect of Dividend Change on Stock Performance: A Case of Listed Commercial Banks in Kenya”, International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology, Vol. IV, Issue V, Pp. 249-255, [ISSN: 2412-0294 (Online)]
- Erambo G.E., Mulwa J. Mwau, Aketch J.R., Sangoro O. and Muchibi W.M., (2017). “Financial Management Practices and Firm Performance among Micro and Small Enterprises in Busia Town, Kenya”, International Journal of management and Commerce Innovations, Vol. 4 Issue 2, Pp. 303-310, [ISSN: 2348-7585 (online)]
- Luvate G., Sangoro O. and Mwau J., (2016). “Assessment of Interest Rates Influence on Deposit Mobilization for Selected Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies in Western Kenya”, IJRDO-Journal of Business Management, Vol. 2 Issue 11, Pp. 1-25, [ISSN: 2455-6661]
- Mulwa J. Mwau, (2016). “Moderating effect of Firm Characteristics in the Financing Diversification – Performance nexus among Credit Unions in Kakamega County, Kenya”, International Journal of Management & Information Technology, Vol. 11 No. 5, Pp. 2988-2993, (ISSN 2278-5612)
- Mulwa J. Mwau., and Kosgei D., (2016). “Commercial Bank Diversification and Financial Performance: The Moderating Role of Risk”, Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, Vol. 5, Issue 2, Pp. 31-52, [ISSN: 2241-0998 (Print Version), 2241-0996 (Online)]
- Mulwa J. Mwau, Tarus D.K., and Kosgei D., (2015). “Commercial Bank Diversification: A Theoretical Survey”, International Journal of Research in Management & Business Studies, Vol. 2, Issue 1, Pp. 45-49, (ISSN: Online 23408-6503, & Print: 2348-893X)
- Muli W.M., Mulwa J. Mwau, Goko T.W., Kitheka S.S., and Ngunjiri R.N., (2013). “Financial Deepening and Economic Competitiveness in Kenya: The Strides to Being an Economic Power House”, International Journal of Management & Information Technology, Vol. 6, No. 2, Pp. 817-825, (ISSN 2278-5612)
- Kitheka S.S., Mulwa J. Mwau, Muli W.M., Goko T.W., and Ngunjiri R.N., (2013). “The Effect of Supplier Quality Management on Organizational Performance: A Survey of Supermarkets in Kakamega Town”, International Journal of Business and Commerce, Vol. 3, No.1, Pp. 71-82, (ISSN: 2225-2436)
- Mulwa J. Mwau, (2013). “Does Financing Diversification Matter? An Evaluation of the Performance of Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies; a case of Kakamega County, Kenya”, International Journal of Management & Information Technology, Vol.4, No.3, Pp. 324-333, (ISSN 2278-5612)
- Muli W.M., Goko T.W., Kitheka S.S., Ngunjiri R.N., and Mulwa J. Mwau, (2013). “Financial Innovation as a Competitive Strategy: The Kenyan Financial Sector”, Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, Vol. 9, No. 7, Pp. 997-1004, (ISSN 1548-6583)
- Mulwa J. Mwau, Muli W.M., Kitheka S.S., Goko T.W., and Ngunjiri R.N., (2012). “Towards Achieving Women Empowerment as a Millennium Development Goal; Challenges Faced by Micro Finance Institutions in Kenya”, Kenya Journal of Technical and Vocational Training, (ISSN 2227-5058)