- Academic Qualification: John Agili is currently a PhD candidate of Strategic Management at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science & Technology; has Master of Business Administration (MBA- Strategic Management) from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology; Bachelor of Arts (BA-Public Administration & Sociology) from The University of Nairobi and a diploma in Business Management from The Kenya Institute of Management. Agili is also a graduate of Certified Public Secretary (CPS) examinations from the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examination Board (KASNEB), qualifying as a professional administrator and manager in public and private organizations.
- Work Experience: Agili has ten years of experience in public service having worked as Probation Officer, Senior Administrative Assistant in university setting and currently lecturer in the School of Business & Human Resource Development.
- Honors and Awards: John Agili was awarded by The Africa Registrars and KASNEB for ranking the best candidate in the 2011 CPS examinations.
- Professional Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies: John Agili is a member of the Institute of certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICSK) and the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)
2. Research Interest: Agili has research interest in several areas of management key among them being; strategic management and planning, corporate governance, quality management, performance management and change management. John also has research interest in social development.
3. Ongoing Research Projects: Agili is currently part of the team partnering with VLIR-UOS organization and Fleming University to develop a research project proposal funded by the Belgian Development Cooperation for Socio-economic empowerment of the youth in Migori County.
4. Publications: John Agili has published six papers in refereed journals cutting across corporate governance, quality and change management as well as social development, a list of which is provided:
Agili, J., N & Okibo, W (2015). Factors Influencing Implementation of Change in Selected Public Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, Rochester, United Kingdom III, Issue 5 May 2015, ISSN 2348 0386.
- Ogaga, W, C & Agili, J, N (2016). Influence of Organizational Structure and Training and Development on Implementation of Change in Selected Public Institutions of Higher Learning in Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology. United Kingdom, Vol. II, Issue II, April 2016, ISSN 2412-0294.
- Agili, J., N, Onditi, A & Monari, F (2018) Influence of Transparency on Quality of Education in Institutions of Higher Learning: A Comparative Analysis of Selected Public and Private Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol IV Issue VIII, August, 2018, ISSN 2412-0294.
- Agili, J., N, Onditi, A & Monari, F (2018) Integrated Corporate Governance Strategy Framework for Sustainable Quality Education in Institutions of Higher Learning. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol IV Issue IX, September 2018, ISSN 2412-0294.
Agili, J., N (2018) A Critical Review of Literature on Influence of Good Governance on Service Quality. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol IV Issue X, October 2018, ISSN 2412-0294.
- Ouma, H., A & Agili, J., N (2019). Social Constraints to Utilization of Contraceptives among Women in Ndhiwa Sub-County, Homa Bay County, Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology, Vol V Issue V, May 2019, ISSN 2412-0294.